- Network Rail Certificate of Acceptance number PA05/04397
- Manufactured at our factory, this piece of brilliant engineering has improved safety throughout the world.
- A treadle is an exceptionally reliable and accurate electro/mechanical train detection device. It advises when a train has passed a specific location, and in which direction.
- They are used in conjunction with track circuits to give a trains exact location which is vital around level crossings or in annunciator circuits, to give warning that a train has passed a given point.
- Treadles are also used as critical backup in the case of track circuit failure. The difference between track circuits and treadles is that track circuits are used for monitoring train movements over several miles, a treadle will advise when the train is at a fixed point within the track circuit.
- Treadles can also be used for applications such as with greasers to apply small amounts of grease to reduce friction and noise between the wheel and the rail; and for temporary works to improve track safety.